Many homeowners have experienced some type of water damage at one time or another while others have experienced fire and water damage. Needless to say, it's a devastating and emotional experience that a person never forgets. Not to mention the fact that it creates an undo financial burden for the homeowner. When circumstances like these arise, your only option is to contact a professional fire and water restoration service to clean up the damage and restore things to normal.
Why Is Hiring A Fire And Water Restoration Service So Important?
Unless the fire and water damage that you have experienced is minimal, you should never attempt to do the clean-up and repair work yourself and hire a fire and water restoration service to do the work instead. Here are the primary reasons why:
- A professional service can advise you on what can be restored and what is salvageable. So don't run the risk of throwing away furniture and other valuables that could be restored or salvaged. Restoration and salvaging is considerably cheaper than what it would cost you to replace those items.
- Even though fire and water restoration can be costly, doing the work yourself will not be beneficial financially if you create a bigger mess and then have to call a service to do the job anyway.
- If the fire was extinguished with water, then you will have to be concerned about fire and water damage. A professional fire and water restoration service is experienced at dealing with both and will minimize that damage and restore things to normal as economically as they possibly can.
- In most instances, you will be able to carry on normally with your everyday responsibilities while the service is cleaning up the damage at your business or in your home.
- Only a fire and water restoration service has the knowledge and materials needed to remove the smoke odor that fire damage leaves behind. It takes ozone and special deodorizers to remove the smell and those products are not usually available to non-professionals.
- Your lack of expertise and knowledge can make the fire and water damage worse if you attempt to do the work yourself.
Taking the above into consideration, you can easily see why you should rely on the skills and knowledge that a professional fire and water restoration service possess.
In addition to the experience and expertise needed for fire and water restoration, a service that specializes in this type of work also has specialized equipment that is not usually available to the general public. Depending on severity and type of damage that is encountered, certain commercial chemicals may be required to complete the job and restore things to normal. Unless you are properly bonded, insured, and licensed in a trade that uses these chemicals, you may not be allowed to purchase them.
Another key aspect is that your homeowner's insurance carrier may require that you hire a fire and water restoration service before they will even consider reimbursing you for the damage. In many cases, if you do not hire a professional to do the work, your insurance company may not accept your claim. Additionally, the professional service that you hire will usually work with your insurance company's claims adjuster and will fill out all the necessary forms and paperwork.